Food For Thought started in 2000 with a desire to provide healthy, home-cooked meals for seniors. Since then, our menu has grown and our customers are people who value healthy, convenient meals at home or on the go.
We make it easy to get a home-cooked meal on your table, or fresh catering at your next event.
Browse our Menu
View the Frozen Food menu and Catering menu online, or download it here. You can also pick up a menu during our store hours. Can’t decide what to order? Check out our Ordering Guide below.
Placing an Order
Order online anytime, or place your order by phone, email, or in person during our store hours. Once your order is placed, we’ll contact you to confirm details.
Choose Payment Method
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cheques or money orders. Debit is accepted in-store only.
If you already have an account we are still able to invoice orders placed online!
Arrange Pickup or Delivery
Choose to have your meals delivered or ready for pickup. Delivery is available on orders of $30 or more, at the rates below:
Orders over $700 – $30.00
Catering Deliveries in Winnipeg on Weekdays with a minimum cost of $700
Weekday Catering Delivery – $13.99
Catering Deliveries in Winnipeg on Weekdays with a minimum cost of $30
Weekday Frozen Foods Delivery – $7.99
Frozen Deliveries in Winnipeg on Weekdays with a minimum cost of $30
Outside Winnipeg – Calculated by Distance
Deliveries outside Winnipeg with a minimum cost of $30.
Rate calculated based on per-kilometer driving distance.
All frozen meals are served in disposable/recyclable packaging and include heating instructions.
Here are some guidelines to help you place your next catering order.
Hot Entrees (2.5 kg)
- Serves 6 for dinner portion
- Serves 8 for lunch/light portion
Hot Soups (1L)
- Serves 3 bowl portions
- Serves 4 cup portions
- 1 sandwich or wrap per guest
- 1.25 - 1.5 sandwiches or wraps for larger appetites
Mini Bun Sandwiches
- 2 bun sandwiches per guest. More can be ordered for larger appetites.
- These sandwiches are sold by the dozen or half dozen. 1 small platter = 1 dz. buns.
- Mini – serves 1-2 (4 cups salad)
- Small – serves 4-6 (10 cups salad)
- Medium – serves 8-12 (15 cups salad)
- Large – serves 25-30 (35 cups salad)
- 30 piece serves 10-12
- 60 piece serves 20-24
- 90 piece serves 30-36
Complete your meals by choosing from our range of delicious side dishes and add-ons.
For These Meals
Try These Sides
|Curry||Cumin Basmati Rice or Rice Pilaf|
|Sweet & Sour Meatballs||Rice Pilaf or Mashed Potatoes|
|Meatballs and Gravy||Mashed Potatoes|
|Chicken with Cream Brie||Rice Pilaf or Mashed Potatoes|
|Shepherd’s Pie||Dinner Buns or Garlic Bread|
|Farmers Sausage||Mashed Potatoes or Peroghy Casserole|
|Veggie Platter||Homemade Hummus|
|Salads||Boiled Egg or Diced White Chicken|
Special Dietary Requests
If you have a guest who has certain dietary restrictions you may choose a meal from our "Frozen Food" menu.
We can accommodate these requests when larger hot entrees have already been ordered.
Please request that it be heated in the notes portion of your order form. A 20% heating charge + applicable taxes will be added.
Editing an Order
- Go to our website and login to your account.
- At the top right of the screen you should see your name. Click on this and select Order History
- Click on the Cart ID info under the Your Order section. This brings you to your shopping cart.
- At the bottom of the page, click the green button that says Edit This Order. This re-uploads everything to your shopping cart and allows you to make any changes required.
- Don’t forget to confirm the items and delivery info in the shopping cart once you are done!
We offer a variety of menu items to suit different dietary needs. As you browse our menu, you'll notice gluten friendly, dairy free, vegetarian and vegan options. Please note that all items are made it a kitchen containing wheat, dairy, nuts and meat. Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee that cross contamination will not occur.
Watch for these Nutrition Tags:
- Gluten Friendly
- Dairy Free