Food For Thought started in 2000 with a desire to provide healthy, home-cooked meals for seniors. Since then, our menu has grown and our customers are people who value healthy, convenient meals at home or on the go.
We make it easy to get a home-cooked meal on your table, or fresh catering at your next event.
Browse our Menu
View the Frozen Food menu and Catering menu online, or download it here. Can’t decide what to order? Check out our Ordering Guide below.
Placing an Order
Order online anytime, or place your order by phone or email. Once your order is placed, we’ll contact you to confirm details.
Choose Payment Method
We accept Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and American Express. Payment by cash or cheque is also accepted.
If you already have an account we are still able to invoice orders placed online!
Arrange Pickup or Delivery
Choose to have your meals delivered or ready for pre-ordered pickup. Delivery is available on orders of $30 or more, at the rates below:
Orders over $700 – $30.00
Catering Deliveries in Winnipeg on Weekdays with a minimum cost of $700
Weekday Catering Delivery – $14.99
Catering Deliveries in Winnipeg on Weekdays with a minimum cost of $30
Weekday Frozen Foods Delivery – $8.99
Frozen Deliveries in Winnipeg on Weekdays with a minimum cost of $30
Outside Winnipeg – Calculated by Distance
Deliveries outside Winnipeg on Weekdays with a minimum cost of $30.
Rate calculated based on per-kilometer driving distance.
Charges can vary, and may be lowered once order is confirmed.
All frozen meals are served in disposable/recyclable packaging and include heating instructions.
Here are some guidelines to help you place your next catering order.
Hot Entrees (2.5 kg)
- Serves 6 for dinner portion
- Serves 8 for lunch/light portion
Hot Soups (1L)
- Serves 3 bowl portions
- Serves 4 cup portions
- 1 sandwich or wrap per guest
- 1.25 - 1.5 sandwiches or wraps for larger appetites
Mini Bun Sandwiches
- 2 bun sandwiches per guest. More can be ordered for larger appetites.
- These sandwiches are sold by the dozen or half dozen. 1 small platter = 1 dz. buns.
- Mini – serves 1-2 (4 cups salad)
- Small – serves 4-6 (10 cups salad)
- Medium – serves 8-12 (15 cups salad)
- Large – serves 25-30 (35 cups salad)
- 30 piece serves 10-12
- 60 piece serves 20-24
- 90 piece serves 30-36
Complete your meals by choosing from our range of delicious side dishes and add-ons.
For These Meals
Try These Sides
|Curry||Cumin Basmati Rice or Rice Pilaf|
|Sweet & Sour Meatballs||Rice Pilaf or Mashed Potatoes|
|Meatballs and Gravy||Mashed Potatoes|
|Chicken with Cream Brie||Rice Pilaf or Mashed Potatoes|
|Shepherd’s Pie||Dinner Buns or Garlic Bread|
|Farmers Sausage||Mashed Potatoes or Peroghy Casserole|
|Veggie Platter||Homemade Hummus|
|Salads||Boiled Egg or Diced White Chicken|
Special Dietary Requests
If you have a guest who has certain dietary restrictions you may choose certain meals from our "Frozen Food" menu.
We can accommodate these requests when larger hot entrees have already been ordered.
Please request that it be heated in the notes portion of your order form. A 20% heating charge + applicable taxes will be added.
Editing an Order
- Go to our website and Login to your account (top right of screen)
- Order history will appear
- Select the order you want to edit
- Select Edit This Order bottom of page
- Click on Frozen Food or Catering tab to add items
- Select the items you want to add, or delete items from your cart
- Click Check Out (bottom right of screen)
- The “Order Confirmation” screen will appear.
- You can update the following information: “Pick up or Delivery”, “Dates” or “Order Options”. If there are no changes, proceed to “Payment”
- After re-confirming your payment method press “Complete Purchase”
- A new confirmation will be emailed shortly
We offer a variety of menu items to suit different dietary needs. As you browse our menu, you'll notice gluten friendly, dairy free, vegetarian and vegan options. Please note that all items are made it a kitchen containing wheat, dairy, nuts and meat. Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee that cross contamination will not occur.
Watch for these Nutrition Tags:
- Gluten Friendly
- Dairy Free